Agribusiness Rural Bank Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement (“Statement”), which has been prepared in relation to R.A. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its implementing rules and regulations, describes how personal information are collected, processed, disclosed, and stored by Agribusiness Rural Bank, Inc. (“Agribank”) and is applicable to its employees and all persons who apply for or avail of any of Agribank’s products and services, or who have established or propose to establish an account with Agribank, or propose to provide third party security to Agribank (“Client”).
WHAT DATA TO BE COLLECTED FROM YOU
When you apply for or avail of any product or service that Agribank offers or when you interact with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers, we collect your personal information. This may include, among others:
- Name and personal particulars such as contact details, address, age, date/place of birth, gender, civil status, nationality, education
- Employment details
- Financial information (such as income, expenses, balances, investments, tax, insurance, financial and transaction history, etc.)
- Specimen Signature
- Government ID details
- Business interests and assets
- Permits, Licenses & Registrations
- Status of Pending Civil/Criminal Cases (if any)
- Voice recordings of our conversations with you
- images via CCTV and other recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities
We may, as and when necessary, seek to verify or augment this information with third-party entities including government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction and, in the process, gain additional information about you.
In the course of availing our products and services, we also collect information about your transactions and dealings which include your account activities, movements and interactions with third parties such as merchants and utility companies.
We may also collect, use and keep your personal opinions or comments made known to us via feedback or responses to surveys or any other interaction that you had with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers
PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING
Agribank shall process the Client’s personal information in connection with any of the following purposes:
- Open, maintain, and/or terminate accounts;
- Ease of contacting/communicating with clients;
- Evaluate, approve, provide, or manage applications, financial products and services, and other transactions that the Client has requested;
- Comply with know-your-customer information requirements;
- Conduct credit and background checks;
- Evaluate Client’s eligibility for Agribank’s products and services;
- Perform profile and risk analysis;
- Provide extensive and quality support to the Client;
- Comply with our operational, audit, administrative, credit and risk management processes, policies and procedures, the terms and conditions governing our products, services, facilities and channels, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas rules and regulations, legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time.
- comply with applicable laws of the Philippines and those of other jurisdictions including the United States Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA) and the implementation of know your customer and sanction screening checks
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as submission of data to credit bureaus, credit information companies, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations) responding to court orders and other instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other similar authorities;
- perform other such activities permitted by law or with your consent.
METHOD OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Processing refers to the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of personal information. If necessary for the efficient delivery of Agribank’s products and services, the processing of personal data may be outsourced to third party service providers subject to compliance with this Statement and the provisions of the Data Privacy Act and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
Agribank shall collect personal information through, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Face-to-face and/or telephone conversation with Agribank personnel
- Accomplishment and/or signing of forms/documents
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Agribank collects information upon the Client’s application for availment of products and services. This includes, but not limited to, account opening, loan applications, etc.
RECIPIENTS OF INFORMATION
Personal information may be processed and shared with various units within Agribank to the extent necessary for any of the purposes herein declared, to credit information bureaus, or to government authorities under applicable laws, rules and regulations.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties, under an obligation of confidentiality.
- We may share personal information with various units within the Ropali Group of Companies (RGC) in order to better understand the way you use our products and services. This will allow us to improve our services and offer you opportunities to obtain such other useful products and services that may deliver greater value to you.
- We may share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to likewise offer you additional products and services that we believe you might find interesting.
- We may share with third parties that we engaged to support us in delivering our services to you. These may involve anonymous or aggregated information to help improve our products, services, and content.
- We may also engage third parties to help us operate our business. These include support in:
- complying with legal requirements such as court orders;
- addressing fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties;
- to carry out all other purposes set out above.
Further, if you are, become, or apply to become a client of any of our subsidiaries and affiliates, Agribank and the subsidiaries and affiliate/s concerned has the option, but not the obligation to, rely upon, use, and share your relevant personal and/or account information for any of the following purposes:
- To facilitate your account opening or application with the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s;
- To validate, consolidate or update your customer information records and/or credit history;
- To provide consolidated billings, deposit or investment summaries or other reports as you may request;
- To send you reminders, announcements, promotions, offers, invitations and other notifications;
- To enroll you in loyalty or similar client-oriented programs of RGC;
- For research purposes or to design banking, financial, securities and investment or other related products or services for your use;
- For promotional and/or marketing activities of Agribank or of the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s; and/or
- To comply with a legal obligation to which Agribank or the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s is subject.
We may transfer, store, and/or process your personal data outside the Philippines. In doing so, we will comply with the Data Privacy Act and its implementing rules and regulations.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third parties. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL
Retention and disposal of personal information shall be made in accordance with the Records Disposal Policy of Agribank.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with the Data Privacy Act, RA 1405 (Bank Secrecy Law), RA 8791 (General Banking Law of 2000), BSP Circular 808 series of 2013 (Guidelines on Information Technology Risk Management for All Banks and other Supervised Institutions) and BSP Circular 982 series of 2017 (Enhanced Guidelines on Information Security Management), Agribank, its employees and representatives, shall handle personal information with utmost care and adhere to appropriate organizational, physical, and technical measures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and security of all personal information in its possession.
THE CLIENT’S RIGHTS
In accordance with the Data Privacy Act, the Client has the right to:
- Be informed whether their personal information shall or have been processed;
- Reasonable access to their personal information;
- Require Agribank to update their personal information;
- Suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of personal information if Agribank is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes and subject to the conditions for the legitimate exercise of the said rights under the Data Privacy Act and its IRR.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Any inquiry or request for information regarding this Statement may be addressed to the following:
Data Protection Officer
Agribusiness Rural Bank
Business Development Office
Ropali Plaza, Josemarie Escriva Drive,
Ortigas Center, Pasig City, 1772
Website : agribank.com.ph
Telephone No: 942-2474
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time to keep up with any changes in relevant laws and regulations applicable to us or how we collect, use, protect, store, share or dispose of your personal information. Any relevant updates will be posted in our branches and/or the Agribank website.